Applications: Yamaha Y125Z (not YZ125), Yamaha RX-135 and Yamaha RX-Z135
Model Years: All
The all-new VForce4 is built upon the solid foundation that has made the VForce3 such a success for the last 10 years. While the VForce3 has been continually refined over the years, this is a complete redesign of the entire system. We jokingly say, "The only thing we didn't change is the bolt pattern." However this is actually quite true. All the components that go into making a VForce reed valve system have been significantly changed since the VForce3.
The unique design of the VForce reed valve system features double the reed tip surface over a conventional reed valve design. This has two major benefits: 1) The reed petals only travel half the distance as a conventional reed valve design to get the same airflow. 2) Because the reed petals only need to travel half the distance of that on a conventional reed valve design, there is a greater chance of them being fully opened as well as a better chance of sealing when they are "closed". A reed petal never truly "closes" in a classic sense, as it is always in movement. Consider this, an engine operating at 8,000 RPM results in a reed petal opening and closing 133 times in one second. This fact, sheds light on another VForce advantage. Since the petals are only traveling half the distance, they generally last longer as they receive less wear than the reed petals on a conventional reed valve design.
STANDARD VFORCE REED VALVE FEATURES
- Double the reed tip surface over a conventional reed valve design
- Increased bottom end, stronger mid-range and longer top-end
- Greater efficiency due to reduced reed petal travel
- More airflow means more horsepower
- Reduced reed petal wear
- Screw free design eliminates risk of screws going through motor
- Screw free design enables super quick reed petal changes
NEW AND IMPROVED VFORCE4 FEATURES
- All-new reed petal resin system, carbon fiber and lay-up
- Pre-curved reed petal ensures better seal at tip
- Wider reed cage for maximum airflow
- Combined reed tip area increased by 10.5% resulting in increased total air flow
- Airfoil shape added to cage tip to increase air velocity from outer ports
- Long reed stops added to progressively slow petal tip velocity, for increased petal durability
- Reduced frontal area of central wing by 15.6% combined with a more aerodynamic shape
WHAT'S INCLUDED WHEN I PURCHASE THE VFORCE4 REED VALVE SYSTEM?
Moto Tassinari product line brochure, Moto Tassinari and VForce decals, detailed installation instructions, complete VForce4 reed valve system (including reed petals) and gaskets.